Assumption and Sacred Heart's Confirmation for High School youth process follows the Seattle Archdiocese's policy, which this year allowed for sophomores through seniors to prepare for and receive the sacrament.
Some Expectations for Candidates include:
- Weekly participation in the Sunday (Saturday evening) Mass;
- Activie participation in the life of the Church's mission outside of "attending" weekly Mass. This may include attending a Bible Study gathering, serving in one or more roles in the Sunday liturgy, or volunteering with an organization that serves underserved communities;
- Attendance at LifeTeen every Sunday, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., Assumption Gym & Teen Center.
- Attendance at the day-long Confirmation Retreats, Oct. 13, 2018 (at Assumption), and Jan. 5, 2019 (at Sacred Heart);
- Demonstration of growth in each of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit;
- Choosing and communicating with a Sponsor;
- Attending the three Masses with smaller Confirmation rituals;
- Completing various forms/documents; and
- Two "check-in" interviews with a Confirmation team member.
Schedule for 2018-2019:
See the Life Teen schedule for the Sunday Life Teen meetings.
Two day-long Saturday retreats:
Oct. 13, 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Assumption Gym; and
Jan. 5, (Time TBD), Sacred Heart Parish Hall
Two Monday meetings, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m., Assumption School Library (LMC):
Nov. 26: Candidate and Sponsor Night; and
Feb. 11 or Feb. 26: Mystagogy
Three Rituals at Mass leading up to the Confirmation Mass:
Dec. 1: Ritual #1 (Saturday, 5:00 p.m. Mass, at Assumption)
Jan. 5: Ritual #2 (Saturday, 5:00 p.m. Mass, at Sacred Heart)
Jan. 13: Ritual #3
The Rite of Confirmation will likely be held at a Saturday, 5:00 p.m. Mass in February, 2019, at Sacred Heart. We submit our requested dates to the Archdiocese and wait to hear back in the fall which date has been chosen. The Rehearsal will be held the evening before at 6:30 p.m. in the Church.
The Mystagogy Class date will be determined by the date of the Confirmation Mass.
If you have any questions about Confirmation for High School youth, please contact Gina DePalma in the Parish Office at 733.1380 x4222 or email@example.com.