Pastoral Care Committee
To envision the possibilities, evaluate the processes, and support the ministries that pray for, care for, and lift up those in physical, emotional, and spiritual need by being an example of Christ’s Love with our heart and hands.
We accomplish this mission through our ministries:
• Anointing of the Sick: Offered once or twice a year at a special mass for those who feel they need this healing sacrament. Call the Office for individual anointing.
• Faith and Light: A caring ministry for people with developmental disabilities and their families that meets monthly.
• Funeral Reception Committee: Volunteers provide food and help serve a meal for families and friends following a funeral.
• Homebound Ministry: Eucharistic ministers bring communion to those who are unable to attend Mass.
• Lightweigh/One King: This 12-week, scripture-based program meets weekly (Monday evening) to offer support for individuals seeking moderation in relationship to food.
• Mothers and Children Group: This is a gathering for parents and young children who meet from September through June (with summer park picnics) from 11am to 1pm to focus on support in raising Catholic families.
• Parents of Troubled Adults: This monthly group offers confidential support for parents of adult children who struggle with difficult issues such as addiction, mental illness, etc. It is not about “fixing” troubled adult child, but supporting parents.
• Health Ministries: Offering support and encouragement to fellow parishioners regarding issues of health and well-being.
• Shoulder to Shoulder: A fund established to help our fellow parishioners shoulder the emergency financial burdens they sometimes face.
• Grief Support