Assumption's Confirmation for High School youth process follows the Seattle Archdiocese's policy of a two-year preparation program, with the Sacrament being received by juniors and seniors in the second year of the program.
Year One Candidates (primarily sophomores) focus their personal role in serving the mission of the Catholic Church through involvement and engagement with sharing the Good News. Year Two Candidates continue to engage in the faith, but also attend classes with a specific emphasis on preparing for the sacrament.
Expectations for Year One Candidates include:
- Weekly participation in the Sunday (Saturday evening) Mass;
- Activie participation in the life of the Church's mission outside of "attending" weekly Mass. This may include attending LifeTeen on Sundays or Teen CROSS on Thursdays at Sacred Heart as well serving in one or more roles in the Sunday liturgy;
- Attendance at Youth Convention Nov. 12-13 at Bellevue College and/or the Archdiocesan-led retreat at Camp Hamilton, April 21-23;
- One check-in meeting with the Confirmation Coordinator/Team in the winter/spring of 2017; and
- Help with the Confirmation Reception on February, 4, 2017.
Expectations for Year Two Candidates include:
- Attendance at Mass every Sunday (or Saturday evening);
- Activie participation in the life of the Church's mission outside of "attending" weekly Mass. This may include attending LifeTeen on Sundays or Teen CROSS on Thursdays at Sacred Heart as well serving in one or more roles in the Sunday liturgy;;
- Attendance at scheduled sacramental preparation classes on Mondays, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m., in the School Library;
- Attendance at the Confirmation Retreat, Oct. 14-16, 2016, Mt. Baker Bibleway Camp, Deming; and
- Attendance at the multiparish LifeTeen winter Retreat (optional).
If you have any questions about Confirmation for High School youth, please contact Gina DePalma in the Parish Office at 733.1380 x4222.
The Rite of Confirmation will be held on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017, at the 5:00 p.m. Mass.